Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A current student writes...

This is a tremendous loss that will take time to recover from. Dr. Leslie Marenchin was a phenomenal professor who taught us more than philosophy. His lectures were so interesting and they usually showed his down-to-earth side. I loved that he related to us, the students, in a way that was approachable and comfortable. Dr. Marenchin was hilarious! There wasnʼt one class lecture that he didnʼt make us laugh! He told us many of his life stories and made an instant connection with us. The news hit me, as well as my classmates, hard. I sincerely give my condolences to his family, friends, colleagues, and his students. He absolutely left his mark in the world, and most definitely with me. I am very fortunate to have taken him this current fall semester; we didnʼt get to finish the semester together but the memories I leave with, will last a lifetime. I feel very sorry to the students who didnʼt get a chance to take Professor Marenchin. They missed out on a wonderful professor and an amazing person. - Lyna T

No comments: