Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A current student's post from another blog...

I mean no intrusion on your grief, but this man was my professor.  We had, of course, a very limited interaction but he was one of my favorite instructors.  The greatest compliment that I can think to give him is that he reminded me the education is more important than the grade.  (That is an easy thing to lose sight of in academics.)  He was compassionate, gentle and always encouraging.  I was actually looking forward to his lecture on Nietzsche tomorrow.  An uncommon sentiment that...and the mark of his professorship.
     While our experience doesn't compare to the sense of loss his friends and family must be experiencing now, his students will miss him and those who will never have the opportunity to take his classes will be the poorer for it.

No comments: