Monday, December 8, 2008

From an old friend from home...

I got to know Leslie when he was in the hospital recuperating from back surgery and consequently had to wear a back brace and was bed bound that whole summer....we had a mutual friend, Pam Shearer, and she would ask me to drive the half hour drive up to Greenville Hospital to see Les'.
I had never met anyone like him....he was gentle yet very direct and dry at the same time. We had a great time visiting him all summer....I'd like to think that we made the whole process a little less tedious for him. He had a lot of friends that supported him and would have many visitors squeezed into his little bedroom on S. Crescent...we would talk and laugh the time away.
I will always remember Leslie's VW bug and his long curly hair...he was always a dear friend. You knew when you would see him that you were gonna laugh. I was recently his realtor as well as his friend....I would send him a cordial email about the troubled housing market etc. and he would write back for me to "just sell the ******* house Nettie!" that was Les... and I'll miss him so much. Love to Renee and family. Rest In Peace my dear friend.
Nettie.

No comments: