Wednesday, December 10, 2008

From a college friend...

Renee, So sorry to hear about Les. He was one of my Millersville roomates and a renewed correspondent and friend. I remember you from a visit that Les and Tom Korman and I made to your place in New York City in '74 or '75. You took us to dinner at Max's Plum or Apple or whatever it was called and remember you ordered a steamed California artichoke. I didn't know anything about artichokes. I'm not sure Les did. I'm sure he made some sardonic, amusing comment about your artichoke because I remember everyone laughing about it. He must have said something. Les always got the laughter going. He was one of the great comic commentators that I knew. I sure am going to miss him. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you. -- Jim Henry

No comments: