Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A friend...

I met Leslie through Linda Swope (I married Linda's youngest niece, Lydia). I had met Leslie and Renee several times, some in Sharon, PA, some in Houston, TX. Most recently it was while Lydia and I were in Houston for her sister's wedding. We spent a good deal of time with Renee and Leslie (we actually stayed at Renee that trip). While my wife was involved in the bridal party festivities, Renee and Leslie were kind enough to keep me entertained by taking me for Mexican food and to a coffee/wine bar (while in between stopping by Leslie's place where he was kind enough to give me a copy of "Dante's Inferno").

What I am trying to say is, although I didn't know Leslie all that well, I knew him well enough that should anything this tragic ever happen to him, the number of broken-hearted people left in his wake would be immeasurable, myself included.

By the way, both Leslie and Renee spoke highly and often of you, Freebird. I am extremely sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,

Rick Toman

No comments: